- Privacy statement: This privacy statement.
- User: Every User of the website.
- The Resistance Bakery: The Resistance Bakery, Wilhelminasingel 36, Box 7, 6221 BK Maastricht, the Netherlands.
- Website: The website run under the domain name www.theresistancebakery.com.
- The personal information processed and used by the Resistance Bakery is as follows:
- E-mail and mailing address(es);
- Telephone number; and
- Credit-card, debit-card, and/or banking information necessary to complete a financial transaction between the User and the Resistance Bakery.
Collection and Use of Personal Data.
- The Resistance Bakery collects personal data whenever the User transmits User data through the website (or by e-mail) to the Resistance Bakery, e.g., when the User is requesting information about services or products of the Resistance Bakery, places an order with the Resistance Bakery, or when the User is placed upon an e-mail list of the Resistance Bakery.
- The Resistance Bakery uses this personal data for those purposes for which the User has given the data to the Resistance Bakery:
- When the User asks the Resistance Bakery for information about its products or services, the Resistance Bakery may use the information given by the User to handle and respond to such requests.
- When the User places an order, the Resistance Bakery uses this personal data to process and complete the order.
- When the User signs up for the newsletter or the e-mail list, the Resistance Bakery may use this personal data to send newsletters to the User.
- The Resistance Bakery may keep Users’ data for possible future purchases by the User of the Resistance Bakery’s products.
- In addition, the Resistance Bakery may use the personal data to inform its Users of those products or services of the Resistance Bakery that could be of interest to the relevant User. If the User objects to this, he or she can get in contact with the Resistance Bakery at email@example.com.
- Users can subscribe to the newsletter, which means they periodically can receive an e-mail with information, news, and products and services of the Resistance Bakery. This subscription can be cancelled at any time by the User. The e-mail will only be used with explicit consent of a User to be added to this subscription list. The details will be saved for this purpose until the User cancels the subscription.
- On the website of the Resistance Bakery there may be buttons installed to share pages or content of the website on different social-media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc. The content shared on these third-party platforms via these buttons will become a responsibility of each specific platform. By clicking these buttons, you will activate the corresponding platform.
- We advise Users to read the privacy statement of these platforms to see what they do with personal data of Users when they click said buttons.
- In case the Resistance Bakery needs permission from the User to use personal data and the User is younger than 16 years, the User needs to have permission of his or her parents or guardian to provide the personal data to the Resistance Bakery. The parent or guardian in such case can always change or modify provided personal data to the Resistance Bakery
Transfer of Information to Third Parties
- The Resistance Bakery will not share personal details of its Users with third parties, unless:
- The transfer is done on behalf of the Resistance Bakery’s assigned data processor for those purposes for which the Resistance Bakery and the data processor have agreed, which agreement offers sufficient guarantees with regard to technical and organizational security measures for the processing and handling of User information; or
- The Resistance Bakery is required by law or a court of competent jurisdiction to pass on personal data to competent authorities.
- The Resistance Bakery could also send personal data to third parties outside the EU. The Resistance Bakery uses its best efforts to make sure that there are suitable security measures in place to prevent unauthorized access and abuse of personal data. For more information about the measures put in place, please contact the Resistance Bakery at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Security and Confidentiality
- The Resistance Bakery ensures appropriate technical and organizational measures to prevent the loss or unlawful processing of personal data. Such measures guarantee, to the extent possible given the current state of technology and the costs of implementation, an appropriate or commercially feasible level of security, with regard to the risks involved in the processing and the nature of the data to be protected. These measures are also aimed at preventing unnecessary collection and further processing of personal data.
- The Resistance Bakery must record all data leaks and report them to the Local Data Protection Authority, unless it is unlikely that the data leak involves a risk to the rights and freedoms of natural persons. Based upon such records, the responsible data-protection authority must be able to verify if the Resistance Bakery complied with its duty to report any such breaches.
- The Resistance Bakery will notify the person(s) of the Data Leak as described above, insofar as the data leak is likely to pose a high risk to the rights and freedoms of natural persons.
- With this policy statement, the Resistance Bakery meets its information obligation by informing the persons whose personal data are being processed. This information is provided prior to the collection of the personal data or, if the data originate from third parties, prior to the moment of recording.
- With this policy statement, the Resistance Bakery further informs Users about their personal data being processed, for what purposes, and upon what basis and to whom the personal data are provided. Finally, this Declaration specifies which retention periods the Resistance Bakery will use.
Rights of Person(s) involved: Inspection, Correction & Protest
- Every person involved has the right to inspect his or her records being held by the company. A request for access may bear little cost if the person requests additional copies of the personal data. [What does this mean? Does it mean we may charge for the request?]
- If the Resistance Bakery doubts the identity of the petitioner, then it may as soon as possible request the petitioner to provide further information in writing regarding his identity so as to provide valid proof of identity. This request tolls and suspends the deadline for the Resistance Bakery’s compliance with the initial request until the time that the requested proof of identity is delivered.
- A request for inspection must be made to the Resistance Bakery, who will respond to this in writing within four weeks of receipt of this request.
- Correction of Data
- If the person concerned requests a correction of his or her data because in his or her opinion certain recorded data would be incorrect or incomplete (or because the objective of the system is not relevant, or conflicts with these standards or regulations), the Resistance Bakery may take four weeks from the time that User submits the proposed correction(s) to render a decision on the matter.
- If a User has made a request for the correction of his or her personal data used or processed by the Resistance Bakery, the same User may also request that the use and processing be restricted during the period of time that the Resistance Bakery investigates the request. Even if the User is of the opinion that the Resistance Bakery unlawfully processes personal data or no longer needs them, or if the involved User has objected to data processing, the involved User may request (temporarily) to limit data processing and use.
- In those cases where the Resistance Bakery agrees to comply with the request for limitation of data use and processing, the Resistance Bakery will only process personal data with the consent of the involved User or when there is a legitimate interest (including, but not limited to, the institution, exercise, or substantiation of a legal claim).
- The Resistance Bakery undertakes to use its best efforts to implement as quickly as possible any and all decisions made by it to correct, supplement, remove, or limit personal data.
- The person concerned is entitled at all times to object to the processing of personal data concerning him or her on the grounds of a specific basis of those provisions. The Resistance Bakery shall cease to process the personal data unless it invokes compelling justified grounds for processing that outweigh the interests, rights, and freedoms of the involved User or that are related to the institution, exercise, or substantiation of a legal claim.
- When personal data are processed for the purposes of direct marketing, the data subject has the right to object at any time to the processing of personal data relating to him for such marketing, including profiling relating to direct marketing. If the data subject objects to such processing for direct marketing purposes, the personal data will no longer be processed for these purposes.
- The Resistance Bakery must assess whether the objection is justified within four weeks of receipt of the objection. If the objection is justified, then the processing of personal data must be terminated immediately.
- The data subject also has the right to have the personal data transferred. This means that the person concerned can submit a request to the Resistance Bakery to send the personal data that is available about the person involved in a computer file to the data subject or to another organization named by the data subject.
- A decision on a request for inspection, a decision as mentioned in Paragraph 9.4 and the assessment as referred to in Paragraph 9.6 of this provision are decisions within the meaning of the General Administrative Law Act.
- Address and customer data: The personal data will be deleted within five (5) years, unless the Resistance Bakery must comply with any law that requires the retention of your data for a longer period of time.
- Employees: The personal data will be deleted no later than two years after the employment or the activities of the person concerned have ended for the benefit of the Resistance Bakery, unless the personal data are necessary to comply with a statutory obligation to retain data for a longer term.
- Please note well that all Users have the right to submit a complaint about their data use to the appropriate national supervisory authority – the Local Data Protection Authority. Depending upon which country you are doing business from, these data authorities may differ.
- You can find contact and other important information on the appropriate data supervisor by downloading this PDF.
Entry into Force and Citation
- This statement can be cited as the Privacy Statement of the Resistance Bakery and will take effect on July 1, 2018.
- The Declaration is established by the Resistance Bakery and replaces any previous versions. The statement may be modified from time to time by the Resistance Bakery.